Lazy ass? Yeah. I'm doing it again. Bullet points, baby!
But first! With the Two Words game? Remember that? While my intention was that you'd guess HOW my day was going based on the clue words "Full Moon" it never occurred to me that you would guess in the form of TWO WORDS.
Genius. Pure genius. You are a smart bunch, you know that?
Especially that guy in the back row. Yeah, you, buddy. Steve, is it? You have been sorely missed and I must say that while Malathion Man was upset that I used the term "metacognition" you should have been over at the Caffeinated Librarian's place because Steve used "syllogistic contrapositive" in the comments. No shit. Dude is smart. AND he has a beautiful wife AND he named his car. It makes him cooler than you know.
I realize that my love affair with sticky notes (I would say Post It notes but y'all know what I'm talking about) is a bit out of control because I can't bring myself to go into an office supply store and not buy any. Any size, any color, lined, sans lines... it's a sickness. There have been times when I write myself a note and not having anything upon which to stick it, will simply place it on my shirt. Near my breast.
That reminds me of a funny thing Erma Bombeck said about that one time when going to a party and putting her name on one of those "Hello My Name Is" stickers and placing it over her left breast. She'd then wonder, "What should I name the other one?" Oh, that Erma. She was a card.
Geez, how old am I that I not only know Erma Bombeck but I'm quoting her and calling her a card? A card.
Do you see what happens when my sticky notes are out of order? I can't focus. Can't concentrate. Back to my notes.
Wait. Not the notes yet. First, the full moon.
There are some work days when I get to school and realize instantly how it will be depending on whether or not someone is in my parking space. Recently, it was someone with a "WWJD" sticker on their car. All I could think was, "You know what he'd do? He'd tell you to get out of my space, THAT'S WHAT HE'D DO." But I try not to blaspheme on a regular basis. Working on that. Shit is hard.
And yes, my language here isn't perfect. But guess what? Sometimes, a really bad word fits. Who was the comedian who said that thing about the f-word? "Fuck is just the best word. It's got the ffffff and the uuuuuuu and the cccckkkkk." Or something like that. Can't remember his name but I sure found him funny.
So, here's how the day went: lots of people absent (on a FRIDAY? TOTALLY FAKE GASP HERE WITH MY HANDS UP AT MY FACE AND MY MOUTH MAKING AN "O") which means I had to go help out in the office, deal with tardy students, nasty attitude students, and woke-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-web adults. Then, there was attitude galore to deal with in a meeting followed by a litany of data that I'm supposed to help get put up in our building. The end of the day was the best with a faculty meeting on "Safety" because of all the school shootings and such but I ended up learning a lot more about gangs than I ever knew was out there. I'm thinking of hanging everything to the left side from now own. Those gangs have the BEST grafitti.
So, my sticky notes? Here they are:
- Some of the gang members in the video mentioned all the gang signs (it's a really cool sign language, too! They need some credit for that!) and how they're not supposed to write them down.
- Someone else mentioned that they sometimes DO write them down because they have some slower learners. (This is so sad. Most of them have some kind of learning disability. Yo! G Dubs! Here are those kids who got LEFT BEHIND. Just so you know.)
- It's funny everytime they mention having "People" and "Folk" because... well.... "folk" without an S and sounding like "folks" sounds funny. Every time.
- I got really pissed when they mentioned their brotherhoods and the "unity, love, and loyalty" and people laughed. Even if it is their own definition, it is what it is. Maybe they didn't have any love and loyalty anywhere else.
- Kids today make up their own gangs on a daily basis. DAILY. I learned about 4 of them here at my school during the faculty meeting.
Our safety officer showed us this video and then talked about it and answered some of our questions and while we were having this discussion on a Friday afternoon when the kids got out early for a 3-day weekend... there was a gang fight outside our school.
My last sticky note?
- Holy fuck.