This is a sponsored post in partnership with WeeSchool. All opinions my own. Download the WeeSchool App here by June 1, and you can register for free, lifetime access to all premium WeeSchool content and features.
When I started blogging over 10 years ago, I rarely talked about my children in a way that showed how I parented them. Or, at least that’s what I thought. What I realized, later, was that every thing I was sharing actually had some facet of my parenting and it came out anyway. Whether it was about I responded to my daughter as she wanted an expensive dress for homecoming or how I was attending parent-teacher conferences, I was discussing parenting.
Yet, I still hated the term mommy blogger.
How appropriate, then, that I am still writing and doing so as a grandmother. GRANDMOMMYBLOGGING IS TOTALLY A THING.
I mean. Just LOOK at this peanut right here.
Three months ago my oldest daughter gifted us with a granddaughter (and we have another one on the way, too!) who has brought a lot of joy into our lives and she spends quite a bit of time with me since we live so close to one another. The benefit, as you know, to being a grandparent is that you take things slower, have more time to consider choices, and you can send them home at the end of the day and get a full night’s rest. These are not things I was able to enjoy when raising my own children.
We've nicknamed her Mugsy and she's just giving me all my life right now. Here's a little video of me, her mom, and sweet Mugsy.
Video by Mason Wickham
That means I’m seeking out things to enhance her upbringing and, with technology growth as it is, have been able to find really good resources that I will be using with her. Enter WeeSchool, an all-in-one smart parenting app that provides parents with everything they need to support their wee one’s preschool readiness, as well as making parenting easier, more effective — and more fun. Sure, she’s only 3 months old now, but I’m already thinking about what it means to be preK ready because I’m also an educator. This is super important to me and I have enough background to really impress this on my daughter as she raises her own child.
So, what is WeeSchool? It's an app I'm using to track her growth and development and I'm also using it for educational play when Mugsy comes over on Saturdays for a visit. (Saturdays are for Gigi and Papa, the grandparent names that The Cuban and I have come up with I KNOW LIKE WE NEEDED MORE NAMES.)
Here are a few of the features of the WeeSchool app:
- More than Milestones: WeeSchool tracks your child’s development through 117 key milestones, providing research-based insights and play prompts for each so you’re not just tracking your baby’s natural development— you’re supporting it.
- Play smart with Play Plans: The first-ever curriculum for babies from birth to age 3 may sound serious—and it is based on sound education principles—but for the parent and the child, it’s all about play, with recommended activities, toys, books and music.
- Enrich your daily Routines, with tools created to make WeeSchool the all-in-one go-to resource, with original videos, classic musical tunes, a catalog of original ebooks, and soundtracks and soundscapes to support play time, bath time and bed time.
- Capture your memories in the Journal: The app will automatically file your monthly photos and your milestones photos and videos into journals you can share with friends and family, or export to save it.
- Be a smart shopper: with the WeeSchool Toy Store, which showcases the only 43 toys you need to get your child from birth to age 3 with a fully rounded learning experience!
- FREE PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP: Parents can sign up until June 1, 2017 to become a Charter Member and receive lifetime access to all Premium WeeSchool content and features.
WeeSchool is an app that enriches the daily routines for children with tools created to make WeeSchool the all-in-one go-to resource. There are original videos, classic musical tunes, a catalog of original ebooks, and soundtracks and soundscapes to support play time, bath time and bed time. THIS is a definite change in how I raised my own children while cobbling together the things I thought they should know in life. Most of all, I appreciate the classical music and the ease of which I can find and play them (something that was made far more difficult before smartphones!) for her while we’re having tummy time or when I’m talking to her and introducing her to sounds.
Right now there is a FREE PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP for WeeSchool and parents can sign up until June 1, 2017 to become a Charter Member and receive lifetime access to all Premium WeeSchool content and features. I highly recommend this and can’t stress enough for parents to get this.
WeeSchool, if you’re wondering, is the brainchild of the creator of Baby Einstein, Julie Clark. WeeSchool uses today’s technology to create the most complete educational content experience for babies and toddlers. WeeSchool—it’s what comes before preschool.
Since this is my second time around and I've forgotten so much, the app helps me track what Mugsy should be doing and learning each month. I had completely forgotten when babies are supposed to sit up, teethe, and a host of other things that the app is helping me keep track of to ensure she's developmentally appropriate. This is me learning all over again and I can’t stress enough how helpful WeeSchool is for me and my daughter, Mallory, as we monitor her Mugsy's growth.
I highly recommend downloading the app, if there's a baby (or grandbaby!) in your life right now. Parents (and grandparents!) (these parentheticals are out of control!) can sign up from now until June 1, 2017 to become Charter Members and to receive FREE lifetime access to all the Premium WeeSchool content.